We have issued all children currently in school with a set of reading books and English/maths workbooks. The use of these are completely optional but they have been purchased by the school to aid families should schools be closed for a significant period of time. For any children currently off school, family or friends are welcome to collect their child’s pack from the school office.
You may also find the following websites which your children use (and enjoy!) in school useful.
- Phonics Play
- Teach Your Monster to Read
- Oxford Owls
- Read Theory for English
A number of educational websites are currently offering free access to their online resources to help families to support their children’s learning at home. They may help to keep your children busy!
- Classroom Secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- These packs are split into different year groups and include activities linked to reading, writing, maths and practical ideas you can do around the home.
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- Twinkl are offering 30 days free access to families – click on the link and sign up using your own email address and creating your own password and use the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- NumberFun https://parent.numberfunportal.com/
- The company emailed us to say “To support children’s mathematical learning through this period of self-isolation and school closures we’ve decided to offer ALL parents completely FREE access to our Number Fun Parent Portal for 30 days”
We will add any new resources that we find and think you might enjoy to this page.