Families can buy items without logos from a range of regular retailers, including most supermarkets. The school limits any items with distinctive characteristics where possible and the logoed jumper is optional – standard royal blue jumpers/cardigan/fleeces are absolutely acceptable without a logo.
For families who wish to purchase them, book bags and uniform with the school logo (sweatshirts, cardigans, fleeces and polo shirts) are available from Keal Teamwear, Walmgate, York.
The Friends of Lord Deramore’s (our parent/carer association) has a large number of second hand, good quality uniform items. These are available at a small donation charge or free for families who are in financial difficulty.
Please ensure that all items are named to help us win the battle with lost property!
School Uniform List
- Royal Blue sweatshirt/fleece/cardigan (optional logo)
- White/royal blue polo shirt/blouse/shirt (optional logo on polo shirts)
- Grey/navy skirt or pinafore dress
- Grey/navy trousers or shorts
- Blue/white checked dress
- Plain black/navy shoes – with fastenings children can manage themselves
- Open toed shoes/sandals in summer are NOT recommended
- White T shirt
- Plain dark shorts (dark blue/black)
- Warm top – fleece/sweatshirt (royal blue/dark blue/black)
- Jogging bottoms (dark blue/black)
Forest School Kit
To be kept in a named, strong plastic carrier bag
- Weather appropriate clothing e.g. waterproof trousers or sallopettes
- Warm waterproof coat
- Thermal socks – or one or two thick pairs socks
- Wellies or snowboots
- Hat and gloves, sun hat
Please label all items clearly with your child’s name
Long hair should be tied back at all times. Spare hair bobbles should be kept in PE bags. Jewellery and watches should not be worn. We prefer earrings to be removed for PE. They may also be taped over with surgical tape – you must supply this and keep it in your child’s PE bag. Nail polish, make-up, or tattoos are not allowed.
Why do we have a uniform
- Maintains students’ self-esteem because they do not have to compete in a fashion show every day!
- Improves learning through less distraction
- Promotes a sense of Team
- Increases school spirit and identity
- Improves behaviour
- Saves families’ time and money by purchasing key uniform items through school
- Identifies our children outside school on visits/events.
You can find our full School Uniform Policy on our Policies & Key Documents page.