What are we up to?
Introducing FoLD – a Parent, Teacher and Friends Association
We changed our name from ‘Lord Deramore’s PTA’ to ‘Friends of Lord Deramore’s Primary School’ (FoLD) after a school-wide poll held in Autumn 2019. This way we hope to indicate that we’re inclusive; you don’t need to be a parent or a teacher to join in – siblings, grandparents and neighbours are very welcome too!
Anyone who has a connection with Lord Deramore’s Primary School (e.g. has a child at Lord Deramore’s) and supports us is a friend. We hope all new parents and carers feel welcome at Lord Deramore’s. If you’d like to become more involved with FoLD, besides attending or participating in our activities, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us an email!
Who are we?
FoLD consists of:
- Supporters: Those with links to Lord Deramore’s who attend and support our events and activities
- Willing volunteers: Offering practical, hands-on help at events and/or specialised know-how (catering, crafts and PR to name a few!)
- FoLD Event Planners WhatsApp group: Thinking/planning activities, providing advice, providing practical help and/or forwarding messages on to their year group(s).
- The Committee: Those happy to be official Committee members – elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and holding office until the next AGM. The minimum number of committee members is two, a Chair and a Treasurer and ideally the committee will also have a Secretary/Communications Officer. The links below provide more information about the various roles:
What do we do to raise money for school?
We organise annual events such as Halloween disco, Christmas Fayre and Summer disco. We also frequently host other events throughout the year (bake sales, etc).
We also have regular second hand uniform sales. These happen the second week after each half term outside the Reception area, but days and times depend on the weather and volunteer availability. Please check our Twitter or Facebook sites for updates.
What have we achieved with the money raised so far?
We regularly help with school trip costs. We have also bought items for school, such as fiction and non-fiction books, PE and forest school equipment, and the sound system in the hall.
How can you help us?
- Join our team: We are a team with some roles that need to be filled each year. If you’re interested in joining us, please look out for role vacancies and information in our Annual General Meetings (AGM).
- Volunteer your time: We can’t make any of these wonderful events happen without parents and carers’ help. We have a WhatsApp group to organise events, or you can help on the day.
- Donate second hand uniforms: Our popular second hand uniform sales depend on people donating clothes children grow out of. We accept donations of good quality and clean uniform trousers, pinafore dresses, skirts, polos, cardigans, jumpers, fleeces, etc, with or without the school logo. We also accept good quality, clean wellies and shoes. Please leave your donations in the FoLD shed outside the school hall.
** FoLD 100 Club **
As a way of dealing with restrictions in our usual fundraising during Covid, we set up a ‘100’ Club. It’s a great way for you to provide some regular support to the Friends of Lord Deramore’s Primary School and be in with a chance of winning a cash prize each month. It is simple to join – just select the appropriate payment item on your ParentPay account at the start of term (Autumn, Spring or Summer Term) and enter your name into the Notes field. Once you have paid, you will be entered into the monthly draws for that term. All participants must be over the age of 16.