You may find the following websites which your children use (and enjoy!) in school useful.
- Phonics Play
- Teach Your Monster to Read
- Oxford Owls
- Read Theory for English
- Google Classroom
The White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group for each week. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully. Click here to find out more.
To support parents and carers with home learning, the subject experts at STEM Learning (based at the STEM Centre, on the University Campus) have put together a selection of activities and materials, all of which are completely free for everyone to access.
Barefoot Computing have developed a range of resources with fun and creative activities to help you guide your child through fundamental parts of the computing curriculum – without the need for screen time!
Spring/Summer 2020 Home Learning
We hope you find the following resources useful.
Looking for some extra resources and activities to keep your child busy and to support their continued learning at home? Take a look at the #LearningProjects! These projects were developed by a partnership between Robinhood MAT, Warwickshire Schools Library Service and STEM Learning and there is a weekly learning project for Early Years, KS1, Year 3/4 and Year 5/6 packed with great ideas – click here to see the latest.
A number of educational websites are currently offering free access to their online resources to help families to support their children’s learning at home. They may help to keep your children busy!
- The Maths Factor https://www.themathsfactor.com/
- Carol Vorderman’s online maths tutoring site for primary school-aged children is free for everyone for the duration of the UK Schools closure period
- Classroom Secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- These packs are split into different year groups and include activities linked to reading, writing, maths and practical ideas you can do around the home.
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- Twinkl are offering 30 days free access to families – click on the link and sign up using your own email address and creating your own password and use the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- NumberFun https://parent.numberfunportal.com/
- The company emailed us to say “To support children’s mathematical learning through this period of self-isolation and school closures we’ve decided to offer ALL parents completely FREE access to our Number Fun Parent Portal for 30 days”
- Practise some French with songs, videos and worksheets!
We will add any new resources that we find and think you might enjoy to this page.
We issued all children who were in school at the time of the closure with a set of reading books and English/maths workbooks. These were purchased by the school to aid families should schools be closed for a significant period of time