Post: Class Teacher – 0.5FTE (from September 2023)
Salary: M3 to UPS3, £31,750 – £43,685
Teachers Pay and Conditions
Permanent contract, 0.5FTE
An extremely rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced part-time teacher to join the Lord Deramore’s Primary School staff team. We are seeking to recruit a 0.5FTE Class Teacher and Subject Coordinator for September 2023 on a permanent contract. This post is unfortunately not suitable for Early Career Teachers.
Lord Deramore’s is a successful one-form entry LA maintained school, situated next to the University of York. Founded in 1795, it is oversubscribed and has a long-standing reputation for providing children with a creative, diverse and inclusive education. It is a happy and supportive school with very high levels of staff morale.
The successful candidate will be initially based in a Key Stage 2 class, job-sharing with one of our established and experienced teachers who is returning from maternity leave. The working pattern for this vacancy is Thursdays and Fridays plus alternate Wednesdays.
The school will be fully committed to providing professional development opportunities to the successful candidate, potentially including middle and senior leadership development.
Applicants are asked to include the following information in their supporting statements:
- Your experience and background.
- Why you have chosen to apply for this post – and specifically at Lord Deramore’s.
- Evidence that you are a capable and talented classroom practitioner.
- Your curriculum strengths, talents, interests and expertise.
Visits to the school are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour which we expect to offer at the following times during w/c 27th March and (after Easter) w/c 17th April:
- Tuesday 28th March – 9.30am and 4pm
- Wednesday 29th March – 2pm
- Thursday 30th March – 10am and 4pm
- Monday 17th April – 11.15am and 4pm
- Tuesday 18th April – 2pm
- Wednesday 19th April – 4pm
- Thursday 20th April – 11.15am
- Click here for a detailed recruitment pack, including job description and person specification.
- School Teaching & Leadership application form – pdf version
- School Teaching & Leadership application form – Word doc version
Please submit completed application forms by post or electronically to: email@example.com or FAO James Rourke, Lord Deramore’s Primary School, School Lane, York, YO10 5EE.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd April at 12 midnight
Shortlisting: w/c Monday 24th April
If possible, visits to shortlisted candidate’s current settings will take place before interview day
Interviews: Friday 5th May 2022